Schneider variable speed drives are preconfigured in pre-selected speeds. We will not detail this part, just a simple example to use:
- slow speed of 5 Hz if input LI3 is activated
- average speed of 45 Hz if input LI4 is activated
- fast speed of 50hz if LI3 and LI4 are activated
- variable speed between 0 and 50 Hz if inputs LI3 and LI4 are disabled, speed given by the potentiometer.
Whatever speed is chosen, the Run Direction Forward command LI1 or the Run Reverse command LI2 must be activated.
• Bridge the LI1 terminal with the + 24V terminal to start forward at the setpoint speed of the potentiometer or at a preselected speed if one of them is selected.
• Bridge the LI2 terminal with the + 24V terminal to start in reverse at the setpoint speed of the potentiometer or at a preset speed if one of them is selected.
• LI3 will be bridged with + 24V to have the slow speed of 5 Hz,
• LI4 will be bridged with + 24V to have the average speed of 45 Hz
• LI3 and LI4 will be bridged with + 24V to have the speed of 50 Hz
• Use a potentiometer with a maximum value of 10 kohms, the reference SZ1RV1202 is the Schneider potentiometer standard: value 2.2 kohms.
Connect the potentiometer as follows: full resistance between terminals + 10 and COM and the midpoint of the potentiometer on terminal AI1.
Check whether the following factory settings are still observed:
Menu SET => LSP = 0 HSP = 50
Menu FUN PSS PS2 = LI3
Menu FUN PSS PS4 = LI4
Force the following settings:
Menu FUN PSS SP2 = 5 Hz
Menu FUN PSS SP3 = 45 Hz
Menu FUN PSS SP4 = 50 Hz