The arms of drilling rigs, bucket-wheel excavators and bush-hammering machines have multiple pins and joints. In applications where safety is of paramount importance, precise information about the components of the arms is necessary to identify the exact position of the end of the arm and to perform controlled movements.
In addition, maintaining a constant drilling angle is imperative for good performance. Deviating from the specified angle can be dangerous and costly for the project. Such applications typically exhibit strong vibrations. IXARC encoders are available with heavy-duty housings and a very high protection class, making them very tolerant to shock, vibration, dust and condensation. ATEX explosion-proof encoders can also be used in the presence of certain flammable gases.
Absolute rotary encoders for stable positioning of the arm
- Resolution per revolution up to 16 bits
- Stainless steel case available
- ATEX certified for explosive environments
- SIL2, SIL3 certified for safe operation
- Protection class IP69K, salt water resistant
Stable inclinometers ensure precise drilling angle
- 360 ° uniaxial or ± 80 ° biaxial
- Accuracy up to 0.1 °
- No need for mechanical coupling with the drive elements
- CANopen, J1939, analog, SSI, DeviceNet interfaces
- Protection class IP69K